Billed as a “beautiful, inspiring, cozy and arty” event, Jennifer “Jen” Louden, a.k.a. The Comfort Queen will be hosting a one day women’s mini-retreat on March 6th from 9 am to 4 pm at the McKinney Performing Arts Center (MPAC). Tickets to “Delicious Aliveness through Self Kindness” are $139 a piece and it looks like lunch is included as well as a bit of yoga led by yogni Brandie Werner. If you aren’t familiar with Jennifer Louden (I wasn’t) she has a really good About page complete with a short video introducing herself and talking about what her retreats are all about. She is the author of several books, including:
- The Life Organizer Book: Tips, Stories & Prompts toFocus on Your Needs & Navigate Your Dreams
- Comfort Secrets For Busy Women
- The Woman’s Comfort Book: A Self-Nurturing Guide for Restoring Balance in Your Life
- The Woman’s Retreat Book: A Guide to Restoring, Rediscovering and Reawakening Your True Self in a Moment, an Hour, a Day or a Weekend
- The Couple’s Comfort Book: A Creative Guide for Renewing Passion, Pleasure & Commitment
- The Pregnant Woman’s Comfort Book: A Self-Nurturing Guide to Your Emotional Well-Being During Pregnancy and Early Motherhood
For more information or to buy her books, organizers or videos, check out The Comfort Shop.
To register for the retreat, visit Louden’s site here. There’s no mention of this event on the official MPAC site yet, but I’ve checked with the Assistant Director at MPAC (thanks Amy!) and confirmed that the event is a “go” as scheduled.
Thanks to Expressive Hart for the blog tipping me off about this neat event!