Social techies will be having a flesh and blood mixer at the “Toast To The Coast” Interactive Pinterest Evening With Friends April 12th from 7pm to 10pm at the Historic Heard-Craig Hall. If you are a pinner, you know. It’s addictive. If you’ve never heard of Pinterest and your head is already swimming with online social sites, let me introduce you.
Pinterest is a social web site that allows you to see something you like almost anywhere on the web and “pin” the image to an electronic pinboard (you can’t post images from Facebook). You can make as many pinboards as you want. You can pin as many images as you want (I think) or you can just “like” an image someone else has already pinned.
It’s an invitation-only site but I suspect that is just to keep spammers out. You can also request an account. There should be a button at the top of the page when you visit it that will let you send them your email address and they’ll get back with you. That’s how I got my account and I think it was either the next day or the second day after my request that I got an account.
One of our downtown merchants, the owner of Bloom, has frequently been pinned and repinned. She is the author of the popular fashion blog, Kendi Every Day, and posts pictures of styles she carries in Bloom and fabulous finds from other locations on her blog.
So what the event is … pinners will be getting together to actually do some of the things that they may have been pinning about. There will be:
- Crystal and Turquoise Necklace Jewelry Craft by Guitar Pick Bling
- Paint a Canvas Craft by Sip-n-Doodle
- Tablescape Design Craft by Redesign Your Decor
- Vendor Goody Bags and Invitations by Lisa Finnerty Events
- Makeup Demonstrations and Makeovers by Divinely You
- Fashion Show with Door Prizes and Give-a-ways
- Cooking Demonstrations and samples by Preston Hollow Catering
- Complimentary Event Photos by David Quisenberry Photography
- Wine and Beverage Service and Continuous Music Entertainment by InteriorDesignHQ
Each craft, food, jewelry and project is yours to keep. Space limited to 100 Pinners. Tickets are $45 and you can get them here.
So, see you there? Live on-site pinning will be provided by 2Surge.com.
Until next time,