Venture just west of historic downtown McKinney (along Hwy. 380), and you’ll find another unique community where the new homes feature distinctive design and architecture that is reminiscent of historic neighborhoods. Tucker Hill is worth the drive to not only check out their charming homes, but also to enjoy several annual community events that are coordinated not only for residents, but open to the
In fact, coming up this fall, whether you’re 6 or 60, there will be something to enjoy as the community’s developer, Southern Land Company, hosts its second annual “Tucker Hill Pumpkinville…Your Patch-to-Porch Destination” set for October 17-31, 2013.
McKinney Christian Academy will once again be the non-profit partner for this event, benefiting from the proceeds for overseeing this very quaint pumpkin patch. SLC is adding to the festivities by coordinating lots of FREE weekend extras including:
- Toddler-Sized Hay Maze
- Tractor-Pulled Hay Ride to See Community’s Fall & Halloween Décor (Residents compete for prizes and bragging rights in this highly anticipated decorating contest!)
- DJ Event Host Coordinating Games, Activities & Music
- Food Trucks and the Baker Elementary School PTO Bake Sale
- Pumpkin Decorating and Professional Carver
- Photo Vignettes, including sessions with Downtown McKinney’s Favorite Professional Photographer, Aimee Louise
- Concert on the Lawn
- Face Painters, Balloon Artist, Stilt Walker, Plus More
The patch itself will be nestled in the grassy area near the neighborhood’s front entrances. It will be uniquely situated around an interesting display of vintage farm equipment on loan for the entire event as a traveling exhibit from the Collin County Farmstead Museum.
All of these activities will coincide with the release of new lots in Tucker Hill’s Phase 2! Southern Land Company is continuing the celebration by offering a chance for model home visitors to win a $500 Shopping Spree at the Allen Premium Outlets. Promotion runs from October 17, 2013, to December 31, 2013. See website for official rules.
Pumpkinville Hours: Mondays through Thursdays, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.; Fridays & Saturdays, 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.; Sundays, 1 to 5 p.m. To find out specific dates and times for weekend extras, visit www.tuckerhilltx.com!